Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What standards and evaluation methods I might use in my classroom.

In my current "Dream Job", assignments like a powerpoint presentation for our class is a little bit unrealistic. We spend alot of our time helping our students with "mainstreamed" classroom projects, which includes a rubric usually. We also work with the teachers to accomedate projects so that appropriate accommidations are meet in accordance with the students IEP's.

I like the use of rubrics. It gives the students a clear, concise idea of what you expect. Not just for an "A" paper/project, but what a "B", "C", "D" and "F" paper/project looks like. I know that for me, when I know how much effort I need to put into something, and when I clearly know what is expected, I feel more at ease and confidant.

In our program, we use a daily progress report to track and evaluate our students behavior and attitudes throughout the day. We use these progress reports to plot patterns and rectifiy promblem behavior.

No comments: